Monday, June 13, 2011

Music lesson

When I was kid, I learned to play keyboard by myself. My sister put label (D,E,F,F#.....) on each key of her keyboard and she also put the same label on her musical notes, therefore I could play the song. It was a small keyboard but I really enjoyed playing it. I remember father said if he was rich, he surely sent me to piano lesson. But then he was never a rich man..but still always a great father. When I was in standard six, I joined my school musical group but we only played pianicas, recorders, an organ and a big drum since our school didn't have money to buy better instruments. But when we played together, the feeling was already perfect for me. (I didn't exactly remember which song we played). The program was organized by Ministry of Agriculture (Sanusi Junid) to give opportunities to students from rural areas to experience music as we knew music was (is) mainly for rich people.

When I went to secondary school I always admired our school orchestra and brass band but I never thought of joining them. I was too shy, I knew for sure.

And until today, I always enjoy piano, or flute, or guitar, or orchestra...and still thinking of joining a piano lesson. My most favourite song is Pachelbel's Canon in D!

On the other hand, due to money and time limitation, I think I should learn on improving my Quran reading...who knows if I die tomorrow......... Even so, I still can enjoy music!

No comments: