Friday, July 22, 2011

Challenges in summer

It's summer. A very challenging season for me because night is short and I have to perform three prayers (sholat), one around 10:00 pm till 11:40pm [maghrib], one between 11:40pm till 03:30 [i'sya'], and final [fajr] between 03:30 till 05:30. The problem is, I normally go to bed around 10 pm. This is my standard sleeping time wherever I am...so after maghrib I sleep and I have to wake up again at least one time, normally between 03:00 to 04:00 am to perform Isya'and Fajr. Alhamdulillah, normally I manage not to skip these prayers although I missed few times in which I was really tired and did not awake at all. Again alhamdulillah...if it is not from the strenght given from Him, I will never be able to do my prayers. (This is why when we heard adzan (calling for prayers) when the bilal said "haiya a'la sholah" which means lets perform prayer, we have to answer it by "lahau lawala quwwata illa billah" which means there is no change or power except through Allah).

This reminds me a lot to always be thankful to Allah whenever I finish performing my sholat, and never ever look down to people who do not perform their prayers. Of course, our effort is to teach and train a muslim (especially those who are close with us) to perform prayers at the very beginning of age, but our hearts belong to Allah. HE can twist our hearts, even if we are very well trained, we could fall into the false direction. Therefore, we must not be proud of ourself but keep asking guidance from Allah and be thankful.

May Allah guide us and protect us...forgive us Our Lord...

4 comments:

eMpty decoration said...

org belanda kalau siang lama2 buat apa ek

Norulhuda said...

life diorang sama je...nothing's changed pasal diorang tak payah solat.

animed said...

selamat berpuasa kak huda

Ayu said...

Selamat berpuasa & menyambut Ramadhan di kala summer! : )